Terms and Conditions
Last updated November, 2014
- General Remark. This Site is for personal and non-commercial use. The entire content included in this Site, including but not limited to text, information, designs, photographs, graphics, images, illustrations, interfaces, codes, audio clips, sounds, video clips, software and links to external web sites (the “Content”), is provided for informational purposes only.
- Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability. CATIE intends for the Content on this Site to be accurate and reliable, however this Site and the Content are provided to you “as is” and “as available” and without warranty or condition of any kind, whether expressed or implied. CATIE does not endorse the agencies or services listed on this Site. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, CATIE disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, freedom from computer virus, and warranties arising from course of dealings or performance. CATIE does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in this Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that this Site or that the server which makes the Site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. In no event shall CATIE be liable for any damages whatsoever, including direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the availability, use or performance of this Site or any other site you may access while using this Site or your use of the Content, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Prohibited Use of this Site. You shall not use this Site in any way that would interfere with its operation nor submit any content to this Site which libels, defames, invades privacy, is obscene,
pornographic, abusive or threatening, infringes intellectual property laws or violates any other laws. You shall not post, upload, publish, transmit or otherwise distribute on this Site any information or other materials that:
- constitute a criminal offence, including without limitation, any crimes relating to pornography, threats, intimidation, hate, assault, or fraud;
- defame, abuse, harass, threaten or otherwise interfere with or harm the contractual, personality, confidentiality, privacy or publicity, moral or statutory or any other rights of any person;
- infringe the intellectual property rights including without limitation any copyright, trade-mark, or patent, of any person;
- could reasonably be considered as a use of this Site that is contrary to law or electronic etiquette, or which would adversely impact the use of this Site or the Internet by other users, including the posting or transmitting of information or software containing viruses or other disruptive components;
- contains any distasteful or offensive material including, but not limited to, material intended for an adult audience; or
- encourages, conspires, entices or promotes the occurrence of any of the prohibited conduct stipulated herein.
CATIE reserves the right to remove any information that you post, upload, publish, transmit or distribute or otherwise use on this Site at any time, at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
- License. By posting, uploading or submitting any information, material or content to this Site, you grant (or warrant that the owner of the rights to such material or content has expressly granted)CATIE a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license throughout the world to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, translate, license, transmit, distribute and otherwise exploit any or all portions of such information, material or content in any manner and media and by means of any technology now known or hereafter developed. In addition, you hereby irrevocably waive all moral rights in any such information, material or content posted, uploaded or submitted by you.
- Web Scraping/Harvesting. You may only use or reproduce the Content for your own personal and non-commercial use. The framing, scraping, data-mining, extraction or collection of the Content of this Site in any form and by any means whatsoever is strictly prohibited.
- Hyperlinking to this Site. You may create a link (the “Hyperlink”) to this Site provided that:
- you do not replicate any of the Content of this Site;
- you do not create a frame or any other bordered environment around this Site or its Content except as provided by CATIE;
- the Hyperlink shall not imply any endorsement of any product or services; and
- the website linking to this Site does not violate any of the provisions of section 4 above.
CATIE may withdraw your right to link to this Site at any time in its sole discretion.
- External Links on this Site. Links available on this Site will allow you to link to websites not maintained or controlled by CATIE. CATIE provides these links for your convenience only and makes no endorsements, warranties or representations of any kind whatsoever regarding those other web sites and assumes no responsibility for content on third-party websites. Please be aware that you link to these third-party websites at your own risk.
- Copyright. All Content published on or otherwise accessible through this Site is protected by copyright. The Content, and the copyright in the Content, are owned or controlled by CATIE or CATIE’S content suppliers. You may only use or reproduce the Content for your own personal and non-commercial use. The Content may not be otherwise used, reproduced, broadcast, published or retransmitted without the prior written permission of the copyright holder. You must abide by all copyright notices, information and restrictions contained in any Content on or accessed through this Site and maintain such notices in the Content.