1. How do I perform a search using the search boxes on the homepage?

    To find out what specific HIV and hepatitis C (HCV) services exist in a certain region, you have two search options:

    • Location: this search allows you to look up Canadian cities, towns and addresses. The red bullseye in the search box allows you to select your street location and search for services near you.
    • Search by service: this search looks up services based on the 10 service definitions found on the website.
  2. How do I use the Focus function found on the search page?

    The Focus filter found on the search results page narrows your search down to organizations that provide either HIV or HCV services. All organizations are tagged under HIV/AIDS or HCV, or both, depending on their mandate.

    Organizations that provide HIV services will appear on the map with red markers while organizations that provide HCV services will have yellow markers. If an organization provides both HIV and HCV services, they will have a red interior circle and a yellow marker.

  3. How do I search for services in a location other than where I live?

    To search for services in a specific location, simply enter a Canadian city/town or postal code in the location search bar and click Search.

  4. How are the categories under the Services section defined?

    To see descriptions and corresponding keywords of each category listed under Services, click on the Service Definitions link found in the menu bar.

For service providers

  1. How do I add an organization?

    To request to have a new organization added to HIV411.ca/HCV411.ca, click on the Add My Organization as a Service Provider button found at the bottom of the homepage or the Add my Organization link found in the navigation menu.

    You will be asked to fill out a form with your contact and organization’s information. You must agree to the Terms and Conditions before your information is sent to the Administrator of the site for review and approval before the listing goes live on the website.

  2. How do I update my organization’s information?

    If you’d like to update your organization’s information, send us an e-mail using the Contact Us form and let us know what needs to be changed.

  3. I am a professional who offers individual services for a fee for people living with HIV or HCV. Can I be listed?

    To be listed on HIV411.ca/HCV411.ca you must do one or more of the following:

    1. Provide core services free of charge or have a non-profit focus.
    2. Be an organization (not an individual, for-profit service provider). Individuals will be considered if they provide services free of charge and comply with the other requirements listed herein. If you are an individual and want to be listed on the site, please contact us and provide your current professional standing and credentials. HIV411.ca/HCV411.ca can only accept individuals who belong to accredited professionals such as doctors, social workers, etc.
    3. Offer services directly to people affected by, at risk for, or living with HIV/AIDS and/or Hep C.
    4. Offer services directly to marginalized communities which may be particularly high-risk for HIV, including, but not limited to: substance users, street-involved people, sex workers, youth, gay and bisexual men, men who have sex with other men, women and ethno-cultural groups.
    5. Work within the broader HIV/AIDS movement and/or HCV activities at the local, provincial or federal level in key areas such as research, lobbying, funding, prevention education, care and treatment, and/or information exchange.
    6. Address one or more of the following service areas, related specifically to the well-being of people living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS and HCV:
      • Clinical Treatment Services
      • Financial and Employment Services
      • Food and Practical Assistance
      • Harm Reduction and Sexual Health
      • Health and Wellness
      • Housing Services
      • Legal Services
      • Testing Sites